Jr Board of Directors
Magnolia State Bank Junior Board of Directors is a highly innovative program designed to immerse local high school sophomores, juniors and seniors in the business of banking, leadership and community service opportunities. In return, Magnolia State Bank will provide education in banking services, investing, careers in banking and local economy, and leadership skills you will find helpful in the future.
Students from the local school systems are chosen annually in the spring of each year. Selected students will serve up to three (3) consecutive terms that coincide with the school year. They will attend a monthly meeting from August through May.
Duties and Requirements of the Junior Board of Directors:
- Students must attend at least 6 of the 9 monthly meetings
- Provide guidance on how Magnolia State Bank can serve the young adult market
- Take an active part in bank and/or community projects
- Represent Magnolia State Bank as a delegate to the young adult market
- Maintain a 3.0 average or better
- Have excellent social skills and comfortable working in public
Benefits of the Junior Board of Directors:
- A learning experience that will be beneficial for future success
- Educational opportunity for community involvement
- Scholarship opportunity to an outstanding senior each year
- Receive a checking account and debit card
- Become a young leader in community
- Community service experience for college applications
- Gain exposure to a corporate board environment
If you are interested in becoming a member of Magnolia State Bank's Junior Board of Directors, please see your school counselor for an application.