To view the official statement of Bank of Eastman and Magnolia State Bank, please click here.
COVID-19 Information Center
Protecting you and your finances during the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is our top priority. You can count on us to continue to serve you and keep you informed. This hub is your source for up-to-date information about our business operations, with tools and resources to help you navigate the current environment. Our thoughts are with anyone affected by the coronavirus.
Important Information and Resources
In an effort to protect the health and safety of our customers and team members, starting Friday, March 20, 2020, we are closing our lobbies and servicing our customers primarily through our drive thru locations. If you require in-person assistance from a CSR or loan officer, this can be scheduled by contacting us directly at (478) 374-3418 for Eastman, (478) 986-2000 for Gray, (478) 414-2002 for N Columbia St Milledgeville, and (478) 453-2265 for E Greene St Milledgeville.
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Here are some tips to help you keep the scammers at bay:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
For more information, please visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Bank of Eastman and Magnolia State Bank are both committed to helping customers experiencing hardships, including from COVID-19. Due to coronavirus concerns, there may be higher call volume and longer wait times when you call into our branches. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Stay Connected 24/7 with Mobile and Online Banking
- Bank online anytime: Check balances, pay bills, transfer money, set up alerts, and more from your computer or mobile device.
- Deposit checks by phone: Just snap a picture of the front and back to deposit endorsed checks with the mobile banking app.
- Send and receive money: Use our mobile app to move money within minutes between friends and family with Zelle®.
- Tap to pay: When you're out and about, you can safely pay in a touchless way with your digital wallet.
Beware of Scams
Look out for suspicious email and text messages, medical supply scams, and fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency. The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, make purchases or donations on spoof websites, or download malware onto your device by opening a malicious attachment. Bank of Eastman and Magnolia State Bank will never ask you for your personal information or log in credentials in an email or text message. If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don't respond, click on any links, or open attachments. Verify the authenticity of any website before making a purchase or donation.
We're Here for You
We are open to serve you. Our branches remain open. Use our locator to find branches and ATMs near you, including hours of operation. Find Now
Safety is our top priority. We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and installed hand sanitizers for both customer and employee use in all of our locations following CDC and public health guidance.
Information on COVID-19. For more details, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.